The healthcare field will be one of the fastest growing fields through 2014 and Toronto Business College tailors their curriculum in a way that prepares students for this growth.
This program gives you the tools and knowledge to be efficient, organized, and supportive within a medical office. During the 32 week diploma program, students will develop the knowledge and skills that will allow them to successfully contribute to the overall operation of a healthcare office.
Along with the skills needed to work with healthcare professionals, students will also learn the skills that will allow them to provide direct care to your patience in an empathetic and caring approach. Graduates from this program will enjoy a high level of job security and a steady demand for skilled medical office administrators.
- 32 Weeks (A Total of 800 Hours)
- Instructor-Led Classroom Hours: 525
- Computer-Based Training Hours: 275
Career Opportunities for Graduates
- Family Doctor’s Office
- Medical Clinics
- Hospital Departments – Admissions, Out-Patient, Emergency, Radiology etc.
- Nursing Homes Insurance Companies
- Dentists’ Office
- Chiropractic or Physiotherapy Clinics
- Non-Institutional Health Services
- Offices of Physicians, Surgeons, & Health Practitioners
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Microsoft Access
- Microsoft Windows
- Quick Books: Levels 1 & 2
- Customer Service
- Office Systems
- MO Administrative Procedure
- Anatomy & Physiology
- Medical Billing & Coding
- Medical Transcription